Friday, September 25, 2026

First Day of Fall Variety Pack #SkywatchFriday

As summer drew to a close on Tuesday where I live in the Southern Tier of New York, I watched the sky change in the matter of a couple of hours.


These first two pictures were taken right after noon on September 22.
 

About 90 minutes later, the clouds were gathering.  The sky was saying "fall is just a few hours away and so it is time for a weather change."

Sure enough, it got into the mid 40's F (7.2ish C) at night Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Soon those will be our daily highs, before we fall off the cliff into the W word (winter) and its gloom and snow. For me, winter is something to endure.  Fall foliage and the delights of fall foods do not make up for it.  

Alas the days of sitting outside and blogging will be over soon.  Even now, I'm wearing a light jacket.

13 comments:

  1. ...the sky is an ever changing part of nature, keep looking up and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting location. And yes, I feel the chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of winter, but the heat and humidity this summer had me wishing for it to arrive. Had three layers on when I left the house this morning. Still wearing two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've finally fallen into the 60s at night. It makes the 80s days (with humidity) a bit more tolerable. We won't cool off for a few more weeks, if things stay as they normally are. (With it being a bad El Nino year, I'm not sure how things will change.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the autumn skies arrived right on time. Pretty skies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely.. clouds rarely fail to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's still hot here. I'm looking for cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cold for me, even with the beautiful skies. Autumn here in Oklahoma now sometimes goes way past Thanksgiving. We've had Thanksgiving dinners outside sometimes even.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty skies! Fall would be better if it lasted longer, perhaps until Mid-December. And winter should end in Mid-January.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No chill in the air yet here in southeast Texas, but we live in hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.