Friday, July 10, 2026

Saturday In The Park #SkywatchFriday

On July 4, my country (the United States) turned 250 and my spouse and I decided to have a quiet day.

We didn't go to any live fireworks shows.  We sat back, watched TV, had a simple dinner, and watched the sky.

Except for the last photo, these were all taken during a walk at a local park. 





I went out again about 9:10 pm.

A bit surprisingly, we didn't have as many unofficial (as I call them) neighborhood fireworks shows., but the vanishing light after the sun sent down created layers of beauty.


 It was a nice Saturday In the Park.

Joining Yogi and other sky watchers for #SkywatchFriday. 


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful scenes with Clouds, the sky and the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds a lovely way to mark a special day, and the skies were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...ah yes, Saturday in the park
    I think it was the Fourth of July
    Saturday in the park
    I think it was the Fourth of July

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, dynamic skies. I’ll probably have that song in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice touch adding the song! The skies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the clouds. We didn't have to go anywhere for fireworks. They were being set off all over my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Chicago! Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thecontemplativecat here. Loved the clouds, and wished we could have them here. esp the thunderclouds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rain came for our 4th of July so NO fireworks. We had Italian Sausage, corn on the cob and chocolate eclairs. Enjoyed Chicago singing "Singing in the Park." while looking at your clouds posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing wrong with a quiet fourth. We were in the mountains of Colorado and with the arid conditions all fireworks were banned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watching the sky turn those gorgeous, layered colors after the sun goes down is such a lovely way to spend a quiet holiday. Sometimes a peaceful evening at home with a simple dinner is better than any big event, especially when you get to enjoy such a beautiful view at the park. It sounds like a truly perfect way to mark the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.