Sunday, July 12, 2026

Silver Spotted Skipper #ShadowshotSunday

My bee balm plant is in full bloom.

On July 8 I saw a lovely butterfly on it.  I followed it around as it went from flower to flower.  


Thank you for visiting! 

I think this is the first time I've ever seen one of these butterflies.  Or are they butterflies?  I looked them up and, at least at the present time, the skipper family is considered a type of butterfly.  

Joining Lisa at This and That:  A Blog for her #ShadowshotSunday. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Nice shot! It's so hard to get photos of them, well maybe just for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capturing butterflies on film is never easy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get several species of skippers in our yard throughout much of the year. The silver-spotted skipper is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I like the purple flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I can count on one hand and not use all of my finger the number of butterflies that I've seen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty.

    I asked my brother about your commenting issue. He thought it was probably a browser issue. Some browsers play nicer with some websites than others. Then he typed it into Gemini and got this response: https://gemini.google.com/share/d90915adcbc1

    Blogger Site Question Assistance
    https://gemini.google.com/share/d90915adcbc1
    Created with Fast July 12, 2026 at 04:23 PM
    Published July 12, 2026 at 04:26 PM
    Blog site Blogger question

    What is your question about Blogger?

    Please provide the details or the specific issue you are encountering, and I will give you a direct, technical breakdown or solution.

    Mac user reporting that their profile won’t stick. When they try to log in with user and pass, it doesn’t log them in. It vanishes. Is this more of a browser issue?

    Yes, this is almost certainly a browser issue, specifically tied to how Mac browsers (most notably Safari) handle cross-site tracking and cookie authentication.

    Blogger frequently drops users into a "login loop" or vanishes the session immediately after authentication because it negotiates between two separate domains: [www.blogger.com](https://www.blogger.com) (the dashboard) and blogspot.com (the published content). If the browser blocks the communication between these domains, the session data won't stick.

    Here is the exact technical triage to resolve it:

    1. The Safari Culprit: Cross-Site Tracking
    Safari has an aggressive native privacy feature called Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP). If they are using Safari, it routinely blocks the cross-domain authentication tokens required by Blogger.

    The Fix: Have them go to Safari > Settings (or Preferences) > Privacy and temporarily uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking".

    After unchecking it, they should clear their history, restart Safari, and try logging in again.

    2. Third-Party Cookie Restrictions (Chrome / Arc / Brave)
    If they are using Chrome or a Chromium-based Mac browser, strict settings or extensions might be blocking third-party cookies, which prevents the Google authentication state from transferring to Blogger.

    The Fix: Have them check chrome://settings/cookies and ensure third-party cookies aren't completely blocked, or add [*.]blogger.com and [*.]google.com to the allowed sites list.

    3. State/Onboarding Profile Corruption
    Sometimes the login "vanishes" because the Google account is successfully authenticating, but the Blogger backend is bouncing them because the profile lacks a required Display Name or is stuck in an onboarding state.

    The Fix: Have them open a new tab and go directly to [https://www.blogger.com/onboarding](https://www.blogger.com/onboarding) or [https://www.blogger.com/profile.g](https://www.blogger.com/profile.g). If it forces them to enter a display name, completing that step will instantly fix the dashboard drop-out.

    Quickest Triage Step
    Have them try to log in via a completely different browser (like Firefox) or an Incognito/Private window with all extensions disabled. If that works seamlessly, you've confirmed it's a localized cookie/privacy setting on their primary browser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, thank you for checking. I will need to have some time to decipher this.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos. I love the purple 💜 and green 💚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.