It's Monday and it's time for music!
Who are the Music Moves Me bloggers? We are a group of music loving bloggers who blog about music each Sunday or Monday (or even later in the week). If you have music to share with us, you are most welcome to join! We are brought to you by Cathy of Curious as a Cathy, Stacy of Stacy's Random Thoughts, Marie (Xmas Dolly), and myself, plus other music loving bloggers.
Why not join us? Here's our optional theme for this week: You Pick.
I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that had a list of recording artists who were 70 or over and still recording and/or touring. I decided to feature several of these artists and a past or recent song of theirs.
Willie Nelson, age 93 (April 29, 1933) who is currently touring. Dream Chaser, the song above, was released in May of this year.
Smokey Robinson, age 86 (February 19, 1940), touring in his "Legacy of Love" tour, is both a singer and a song writer. I chose his hit with the Miracles, Tears of a Clown, which he co-wrote. This song was released on an album in 1967 and as a single in 1970.
Bob Dylan, age 85 (May 24, 1941) currently touring in his "Rough and Rowdy" tour. I chose the song that introduced me to him in 1965, Like a Rolling Stone, which was also written by Dylan.
Ringo Starr, age 85, performed in New York City last October and two of my in-laws went to see him.(They loved the concert). It Don't Come Easy, from 1971, was co written by Ringo, with George Harrison.
Steve Miller age 82 (October 5, 1943)will have a short residency in New York City in October (Steve Miller Rocks Rose Theater). I chose his 1976 hit Fly Like an Eagle, which Steve Miller wrote.
Finally, despite a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease made public last month, and also a diagnosis of breast cancer, 83 year old Carly Simon (born June 25, 1943) released new music in June. That album included a song called Howl, co-written by Simon.
And that's a wrap!
Join me again next week for another episode of Music Moves Me.
That's amazing! The energy and stamina they have is incredible.
ReplyDeleteLike you 1965 was my first intro to Dylan. I was a freshman at Oklahoma State University. I always liked the Steve Miller Band as their harmonies were always spot on. Great playlist today. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the concert, Alana. I love Ringo and that is a favourite song. Older musicians still rock and that's awesome! The Rolling Stones also have a new album out.
ReplyDelete