Sunday, August 9, 2026

Hydrangea and Pepper Shadow #ShadowshotSunday

 Today, a couple of photos of hydrangeas I took in a nearby town. 


It seems these are more popular as ornamental plants each year. 

Finally, here's a photo of a pepper display at a local farm market.

Soon, the veggies that say "autumn" to me will arrive at that same market.  There will be pumpkins and other winter squash of all varieties, early apples, Concord grapes, and pears.

Eventually the summer veggies: the sweet corn, the summer squash, the tomatoes that burst with flavor, will dwindle and eventually disappear.  

The wheel of the seasons continues to turn, as the days grow shorter and we approach winter, one humid day at a time.

Joining Lisa at This and That: A Blog, for her #ShadowshotSunday.

3 comments:

  1. I love your hydrangeas. They do seem to be getting more popular every year and they seem to do very well here in Tulsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...images that seem to be everywhere at the moment, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter still seems far away here, but I suppose it will arrive as usual in late November or early December. Meantime we enjoy (endure) our loooong summer. Beautiful hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.