It's the 15th of September, and time to join other flower lovers for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day.
It's a beautiful, sunny day, and crisp.
We are getting an early taste of fall in my zone 6a garden in the Southern Tier of New York. Yesterday, it never got out of the 60'sF (20 C). Last night they were even warning of isolated frosts. But soon fall will be here officially. So, I have to get out and enjoy my outdoor flowers while I still can.
My front yard:
A fuchsia plant that my son gave me for Mother's Day.Garlic chives in my overgrown front garden.Sedum.
Sunpatiens.
Pink tall phlox.
Whitish tall phlox.
Last of the sweet peas. They've reseeded so much that they are going to have to go.
Let's go around the back now to my shady back yard:
Zig Zag goldenrod really took off this year. I'm going to have to thin it out.Japanese anemone.Heuchera.Cuphea "Torpedo" I bought it due to its unusual shape but I think next year, I will stick to "Vermillionaire" or one of the other varieties that hummingbirds like.Fuchsia "Pink Galore".Pink turtlehead. I like seeing bumblebees feed on it.
I had toad lilies once, but they seem to have vanished, along with an aster. My back yard has gotten so choked that I have hired a landscaper to thin it out - neither my husband or I, due to physical issues, can manage it anymore. Ditto for my front yard.
As my garden approaches fall, I am also in the season some call the autumn of life. If I need help with my gardens in this season, so be it. As long as I can have it, I will be grateful. Life is too short.
Joining Carol at May Dreams Gardens for her 15th of the month Garden Bloggers Bloom Day meme, as it approaches its December, 2026 end date.













60s? I am so jealous. Our heat finally dissipated, but that means we're in the 80s. (Although it is overcast right now, and the cool air feels so, so good.) My father's wife gave in this year and got a gardener to take care of her gardens that she was taking care of before. She's 81 now, so it's not surprising.
ReplyDeleteHi Alana, Nice to know that we are not the only ones struggling to keep up with yard maintenance. Love that Japanese Anemone.
ReplyDeleteI love all the colors. The flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDelete...my garden is at it's worse, it's about time to cut it back.
ReplyDelete...our Sunpatiens.are looking mighty tired.
ReplyDeleteFrost warnings already?! That's something I don't have to worry about, although those cooler temperatures would be welcome here in SoCal. I envy you the fuchsia and the Japanese anemones, which I'm afraid I'm unlikely to see here this year after our recent scorching temperatures. And you still have sweet peas! (mine disappeared in May.)
ReplyDeleteDear Alana, your photos are beautiful! I had trouble finding you because you had mistyped the url to your blog...but it's okay now, I have retyped it and am now able to get here. Thank you so much for your visits and kind comments on my blog, I really appreciate you! :)
ReplyDeleteThose a great photos
ReplyDelete