Like so much of the United States, our skies for the last two days have been blanketed by wildfire smoke.
I missed photographing the sunrises and sunsets. Wednesday, especially, I didn't even want to go out there. The sky looked yellow (at least it didn't look red) and it smelled like a campfire. Someone told me the Thursday sunrise was nice and red. I was sleeping at the time.
Thursday, around 8pm, I took this picture. I'm thankful that it wasn't bright orange like it was for so many people in the Northeast.
I hope we can return to this kind of sky soon.Joining Yogi and other sky watching bloggers for #SkywatchFriday.


Oh no, I really hope the smoke clears... it is awful to deal with, and having to stay inside is difficult.
ReplyDelete...we were socked in Wednesday and Thursday, today is lovely. A very nice change. Be well.
ReplyDeleteFire skies aren't fun. Sorry you had to deal with that. And sorry for all those directly impacted by the fires. It sucks all around.
ReplyDeleteThe clouds in the second picture are great.
ReplyDeleteWow, that second pic is so cool!
ReplyDeleteOn our vacation to New Mexico and Colorado, sometimes the air smelled like smoke.
ReplyDeleteI hope the fires die down soon - it's terrible for people affected by them, and not good when the smoke drifts so far away.
ReplyDeleteI’m hoping we get blue skies, not orange skies, soon
ReplyDeleteThe skies have been gorgeous lately. Especially in the afternoon. Though, really, it has always been beautiful, right? I like these shots.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with all who face the fires
ReplyDeleteLet's hope those wildfires are soon extinguished. Some rain just now would be helpful. Those fluffy clouds look very much like what we've been seeing recently.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. I hope the fires clear.
ReplyDelete