The last day of September checked the calendar, and decided gloom season had started where I live in the Southern Tier of New York.
But first, it permitted some color before the last sunset of September.
But some early fall color still shone through.
More color (and hopefully some blue sky) to come.
Joining Yogi and other skywatchers for #SkywatchFriday.


Gloom comes with the territory!
ReplyDeleteWe had all day rain on Oct 1. Now I look forward to a week of sunny but cool fall temps. I'll welcome it.
ReplyDeleteSkywatchers just have to go with what skies they have!! You found some sky color and tree color.
ReplyDeleteCool pics! I like the composition of the first one 🙂
ReplyDeleteIt’s definitely a fall sky
ReplyDeletePretty skies. I kind of like the gloom!
ReplyDeleteIt might be gloom, but it makes for pretty skies.
ReplyDeleteI'll trade ya. You want some sun? I mean, it comes with 100-degree heat, but that's more fun in October, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt's been a bit gloomy here this week as well but we have sunshine today and it looks like our next several days will provide much of the same. Also, our temperatures are moderating and it is beginning to feel a bit more like autumn.
ReplyDeleteLooks like rain.
ReplyDeleteWorth a Thousand Words
I would love some gloom here. Esp. if it comes with rain. It was 101 deg. here today. Gloom would lower that temp.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to think of October not as gloomy, but as glorious. But, my happiness is somewhat blunted by the knowledge that winter is coming. But, at least IT is blunted by the holiday decorations. February, on the other hand? Now THAT month is gloomy!
ReplyDeleteOur leaves have only just started changing colors.. and today is a sunny day.. sending you some sunshine.
ReplyDeleteThose are great pictures.
ReplyDeleteGreat.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Alana!
ReplyDeleteThat last September sunset is lovely! I love how the autumn colours manage to brighten even the gloomiest of skies.
ReplyDelete