Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Don't Anyone ever Tell you Your Vote Doesn't Count

I don't think anyone expected the results of the Johnson City dissolution vote to be:

2,139 against dissolution
2,138 for dissolution

This is out of some 14,000 plus residents.  I don't know how many are registered voters.   This was a surprise to a lot of people, spouse included.

Now it will be up to 172 absentee ballots to be counted.

If Dissolution wins, Johnson City dissolves as a village as of December 31, 2010.

If not I don't think this issue is going to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I welcome comments, as long as they are civil, are on topic, and do not contain profanity, advertising of any kind or spam. Any messages not meeting these criteria will immediately be composted, and my flowers will enjoy their contents.