Friday, July 3, 2026

Before the Heat #SkywatchFriday

We are in the midst of a heatwave where I live in the Southern Tier of New York.  We unofficially hit 100F (37.7C) yesterday (see below), with a heat index of 110F (43.3C). Ditto for July 1 and our heat index that time was 113F (45C). The last time we officially hit 100 degrees was August 26, 1948.  

So, I am not out there taking pictures.  But I was out there on June 24, enjoying a walk in the park.



I already long for those days.

Afternoon of July 2

Joining Yogi and other skywatchers for #SkywatchFriday.

Tomorrow (my country's 250th birthday) it is supposed to be cooler but with a chance of rain.  For us, I think it's going to be quiet, but I don't mind.  I hope that all my American readers have a fantastic 4th of July.
 

13 comments:

  1. Happy 4th- I'm glad it's going to cool off there. I didn't realize it had been THAT long to hit a temp that high. I've been following along on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...cooler sounds better to me. Have a Happy 4th and a Joyous July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too hot.
    Happy Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's been hot here too. I hope you have a nice 4th of July too. Loved the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go outside and do a rain dance, but it is just too hot. Enjoy the 4th. We will be staying inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous skies! Please be careful, stay cool, and have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots. Even if it is 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last time you had 100 degrees was 1948!?! Wow. Kinda jealous. I mean, not of the heat you're experiencing, but of living in a place where it doesn't get all that hot. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely skyshots. Hot in the UK too, they say we'll have to get used to heatwaves in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. Stay cool.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.