Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wildflower Variety Pack #WordlessWednesday

For today's Wordless Wednesday, I bring you assorted wildflowers near where I live in New York State.

Wildflower bouquet of Queen Anne's Lace (white) and what I assume is purple loosestrife (an invasive plant).
Taken July 26, my phone identifies this as Canada goldenrod.
Taken July 28, chicory.
Yellow jewelweed.  I wouldn't be surprised if poison ivy was growing nearby.

Finally, my phone identifies this as swamp milkweed.

 

Joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for her #WordlessWednesday.
 

17 comments:

  1. We love seeing the flowers that pop up in nature but we have no idea what they are. For us, we enjoy the beauty and don't really need to know what they are called. Very pretty flowers you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bello jardín. Me encantan las de color violeta. Saludos desde Bitácora literaria España

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to see everywhere now - it's delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...chicory and swamp milkweed are two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wild flowers and taking a walk and finding them is most wonderful. Beautiful shots.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! ♥ The goldenrod is a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some of the same wild here. The purple loosestrife is so pretty, but, yes, very invasive. Queen's Ann lace. Chicory at the park, which is the ugliest plant with the prettiest flowers! My milkweed is the narrow-leaf kind. They all make empty spaces pretty. My problem this year is the bindweed. Never had problems before, maybe one or two appeared, now it's popping up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so well that you can check the type of flowers.
    I like the chicory, including the drink. It's perfect that you can
    admire these wildflowers.
    Happy WW, Alana and a fine Summer! ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so beautiful, Alana! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe all ivy is poisonous. Beautiful photos <3

    Best regards, and I invite you to take a look at the portraits I create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's something special about wild flowers, beautiful yet unpretentious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.