As summer drew to a close on Tuesday where I live in the Southern Tier of New York, I watched the sky change in the matter of a couple of hours.
These first two pictures were taken right after noon on September 22.
About 90 minutes later, the clouds were gathering. The sky was saying "fall is just a few hours away and so it is time for a weather change."
Sure enough, it got into the mid 40's F (7.2ish C) at night Tuesday and Wednesday night.
Soon those will be our daily highs, before we fall off the cliff into the W word (winter) and its gloom and snow. For me, winter is something to endure. Fall foliage and the delights of fall foods do not make up for it.
Alas the days of sitting outside and blogging will be over soon. Even now, I'm wearing a light jacket.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.