Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Mystery Ghost Sign #WordlessWednesday

Ghost signs (signs of long ago businesses no longer in business that were painted on the sides of buildings back in the day) have always fascinated me. 

Here is one of them, on the edge of the Court Street historic district of Binghamton, New York.  The district consists of some 87 buildings, most of which were commercial buildings built between 1840 and 1939. 

It's sad to see history fade away like this.  I can't make out enough of this building to know what business it was advertising.  I know there is another ghost sign not far from this building, which is in much better condition.  Strangely, I didn't remember seeing this one until I saw it in late June of 2026.  

I wonder if that sign has something to do with storage.  Perhaps I'll never know.

Joining up with Sandee at Comedy Plus for her #WordlessWednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.