It's been a while since I've posted puddle pictures, maybe because it's been a while since I've seen a puddle.
But these aren't just any puddles.
Last week, we, along with a lot of the United States, were dealing with bad air from wildfires. But help was on the way July 18, in the form of a powerful cold front that brought rain, wind, and a possible F1 tornado to our area. My neighborhood wasn't that impacted (except for small branches down) and s we were a lot more fortunate than many. So, here are two puddles, one rain apart.
After rain number one, during which the bad air was still greatly impacting us, I was mystified to see a puddle with strange white bubbles. Here is a picture. You can barely see the sky, over to the left, as it is still so clogged with the bad air.
What is that white stuff? Its residues from the wildfire smoke, brought down by the rain. When the rainwater hits the ground (so I've read), the water combines with oil from the road, breaking surface tension and resulting in that white stuff.
After the second rainfall, with better air behind it, I went out and took this picture. Finally, we could see clouds again.
So much better!
I don't think I've ever had a puddle before and after.
Joining Yogi and other skywatchers today for #SkywatchFriday. You'll note the URL for the linkup is different - Yogi had to use a different website and hopefully, the linky will work.
Have a good week ahead.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.