Bennington Battle Day is a state holiday in Vermont. It commemorates an important Revolutionary War battle fought on August 16, 1777. The actual battle was fought on a farm in Walloomsac, New York, which is about 10 miles (16 km) from Bennington.
On August 13, 2022, we went to a battle reenactment held in Hoosick Falls, New York. There, I took a picture of an encampment under a partially cloudy sky.Welcome! I hope I bring a spot of calm and happiness into these uncertain times. I blog about my photography adventures, flowers, gardening, the importance of chocolate in a well lived life, or anything else on my mind.
Friday, August 14, 2026
Battle of Bennington Skies #SkywatchFriday
Before the battle, we were able to visit the camps of those reenacting participants of both sides, British/Germans vs. Patriots (we would call them Americans today), in addition to about 100 Native Americans.
(If you are interested in the details of the battle, you can find information here.)
This year is our 250th birthday, and I could wish to be in Bennington this weekend but, alas, I won't be able to.
Joining Yogi and other skywatchers for #SkywatchFriday.
Labels:
Revolutionary War,
sky,
Skywatch
4 comments:
Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...the reenactors are a dedicated group of people. There was a heavy sky that day.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos - I used to visit re-enactments when I lived in Michigan. Not much of that here in Florida.
ReplyDeleteInteresting.
ReplyDeleteExcellent.
ReplyDelete