Sunday, August 16, 2026

Mid August Garden #ShadowshotSunday

August is over half over already!   

Bee on a hardy geranium flower. 

Sunpatien in my back yard.

Finally, an update on yesterday's blog post, where I stated I haven't seen any hummingbirds all season.  I saw one yesterday. I heard its wing buzzing when I was outside reading a book, looked at my cuphea plant and a female ruby-throated hummer was feeding on it.  Hurray! I wasn't in a position to take any pictures but that's OK.

Joining Lisa at This and That: A Blog for her #ShadowshotSunday.

9 comments:

  1. I grew up where there were definitely four seasons. So my brain is wired to eagerly look forward to the next season. Meaning, by August 15th, it's giddy-up, let's go Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...we have hummingbirds visit us, but they are too fast for me to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. August is about killing us and you have some nice looking flowers. We have had one hummingbird in our yard this year. Usually we have two, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to see a hummingbird. I've seen a few. One stopped in front of me, seemingly to bully me into going away. (I was sitting on the patio.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There used to be a hummingbird coming to my parents' garden. My father took a few snapshots once. The pictures are somewhere on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice a hummingbird showed up! Probably there more than you know, I hope anyway. It's hard to get their photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.