Wednesday, September 16, 2026

A Tribute #WordlessWednesday

A friend's sister, N, passed away Friday, after a years long battle with various medical issues.  

I had only seen her in person a few times (the last time, I think, was 2020), but years before that, she had become my go-to for wildflower ID and she shared my love of history.  We emailed each other on and off when I traveled.  

Years ago, I did a Wildflower Wednesday feature on my blog, and N was a great help to me.  I will miss her knowledge.

I know N wouldn't want any fuss over her due to her passing, so, instead, I will post some pictures of wildflowers in and around my yard.   Unfortunately, I have to depend on my iPhone camera app for wildflower ID and it doesn't always get it right.  Unlike N, who was so knowledgeable.

Several years I bought some plants from a wildflower nursery and they gave me a wild aster as a thank you gift.  This may be a calico aster but it isn't in the place where I planted that gift aster.  I apologize for the blur.

White snakeroot.  I definitely did not plant this, which I found the other day on the side of my house, and I'm thinking of removing it as I understand it is an aggressive grower.  I don't need anymore aggressive growers in my small yards.
Last year I had one of these woodland sunflowers pop up in my back yard.  This year there's a bunch of them.  I hate to get rid of native plants, but...aggressive. They spread via underground rhizomes.
Finally, a mystery I know N would have solved easily.  We planted a lilac bush several years ago. It didn't bloom until this spring.  What we thought was a lilac had small flowers this year that died after only a couple of days.  These berries have now appeared.  Lilac berries?  Didn't know they made berries but the iPhone camera plant ID says this is a lilac.  I'd love to know more.

Joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for her #WordlessWednesday.
 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe you will find a way to discover answers through intention. A saw there are some youtube's for agressive plants, maybe you discover for specific targets solutions.
    Happy twice WW, Alana! All the best!❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tribute to N and lovely wild flowers photos ~
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. I know very little about plants, so I will not be helpful. I do love wildflowers.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully someone will know what that flower was to help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.