Friday, September 4, 2026

Thunderheads #SkywatchFriday

Where I live in the Southern Tier of New York, it has been a stormy week.  But we've escaped a lot of the severe weather that the central and western part of the state has experienced in the last few days.

As of last night, we've had 18 confirmed tornadoes so far in New York State since the beginning of the year.  

I took these pictures on August 27.  

Thunderheads.
Let's zoom in.  
Pinkish sky right before sunset, taken through trees.  Sorry for the blur.

Tuesday and Wednesday we had on and off torrential rain.  We got at least four inches, and my spouse and I were caught in one of the downpours trying to get to an appointment.  A bit over an hour away, the New York State Fair had to close because of flooding. 

Our storms Wednesday night came after sunset, and I wasn't going to go out there at 10pm with lightning flashing and lighting up the sky.

Hoping for better weather for all in September.  

Joining with Yogi and other skywatchers for #SkywatchFriday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.