I am posting early for Yogi's Skywatch Friday with some scenes from the Southern Tier of New York, taken on two consecutive days. Tomorrow, my blog will be devoted to commemorating the 25th anniversary of September 11.
Downtown Binghamton, Court Street bridge over Chenango River, September 9.Mural, downtown Johnson City, New York, September 10.Finally, today's mystery. This diner used to be the Red Robin diner, situated in a 75 plus year old building in downtown Johnson City, New York. The diner closed in 2021 and a halal restaurant, part of a New York City chain called 8-Bit Bites, opened there in 2023. 8-Bit Bites closed this location around June of 2026.
I wonder what is happening with the building. I hope it is just being fixed up and will continue as a diner.
Joining Yogi and other skywatchers for #SkywatchFriday.



You've always got to wonder about a location that has many different restaurants over time. I wonder if it's cursed.
ReplyDeleteYou have some nice skies for us. I love seeing buildings being repurposed in a positive way.
ReplyDeleteVery nice
ReplyDeleteNice to try new restaurants.
ReplyDeleteWorth a Thousand Words
Love that mural!
ReplyDeleteGreat view.
ReplyDeleteI like the mural shot.
ReplyDelete...the mural is a bright spot for Johnson City and I hope that the former Red Robin diner will find a caring owner!
ReplyDelete