Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A Cake Mix Tribute to Dolly Parton #WordlessWednesday

I was going to blog about monarch butterflies today, but I find myself blogging about a different monarch.  So this will be a fairly wordy Wordless Wednesday.

Dolly Parton used to joke that she was the Queen of Tabloids.  She certainly was a queen: a talented singer who rose from poverty to enrich the world, the fourth of 14 children of an east Tennessee family.  She was also an actor, a songwriter, a philanthropist,a humanitarian, a re-creator of a Tennessee theme park to enrich and pay tribute to her local community, an entrepreneur, and the bringer of a free reading program called Dolly Parton's Imagination Library to the parents of thousands and thousands of babies and toddlers.  (That program is available in the United States, Ireland, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia.)

You can read more about Dolly Parton here.

Dolly Parton died yesterday at the age of 80, just four days after she reassured fans about her health.  The cause of death was cancer.

I am not a country music fan, but I love every song I ever heard her sing.  I will feature her induction into Rock and Roll Heaven on my blog this coming Monday.

In the meantime, there is the matter of this cake mix. Yes, Dolly had a line of baking mixes.  I had two in the house yesterday, a cornbread mix and this coconut cake mix. I had never tried the coconut mix and now it was time.

Why not bake a cake as a tribute to her?   So I baked the coconut cake.  It was delicious.


Joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for her #WordlessWednesday. 

And a duet with Kenny Rogers...

Goodbye, Dolly.
 

2 comments:

  1. ...a bright light was snuffed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly was one of the world's most gracious and loving women. With the wealth, fame and attention she earned, she never forgot what it was like growing up in a log cabin in eastern Tennessee, poor and hungry. The world is poorer for her entry into Heaven, but now Heaven's choirs will sing with a new twang!😉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.