Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Almost Mid August Wildflowers #WordlessWednesday

Come take another wildflower walk with me.  I took these pictures this past weekend. 

Globe thistle (left) and goldenrod (right).

Goldenrod and barely visible bee.

Purple loosestrife and Queen Anne's Lace.
Lessor burdock.

Japanese knotweed getting ready to flower.
Wild morningglory.

If you like more domestic flowers I invite you to stop by my blog Saturday for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day.

 

Joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for her #WordlessWednesday.

13 comments:

  1. ...goldenrod in in its glory now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unas campanillas preciosas. A mí personalmente soy muy amante de las flores y la naturaleza. Magníficas fotos. Saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers. I know some people abhor goldenrod but I've always liked it as do the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos ~ wildflowers are the best! ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! August is treating your garden well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to visit you on Saturdays. I love wildflowers. They are my favorite.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Japanese knotweed the invasive pest in USA that it is in UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it probably is as much as a menace here as it is in the UK but our laws treat it differently. We don't have severe criminal penalties for it being on your property. We do have civil penalties if you have it and allow it to spread, and if you allow it to spread to a neighbor's land you can sue them for damages. There is knotweed closer to my property than I would like, not that I want it nearby at all.

      Delete
  9. thecontemplativecat here. Love the wildflowers! the only one my dad told me to avoid was the wild morningglory. He said that they excreted some thing that would cause caustic irritations. I thought that would be a great thing to use on my brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comments mean a lot to me. Due to a temporary situation, your comments may not post for a day or more-I appreciate your patience.I reserve the right to delete comments if they express hate or profanity, are spam, or contain content not suitable to a family blog.